Happy Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
The smell of baking cookies at home is one of the most wonderful things in the world. On National Chocolate Cookie Day, we want to share with you one of the most mouth-watering recipes we’ve tried, brought to you by @ohladycakes.
These vegan chocolate chunk cookies are a guilt-free way to scratch that cookie itch. Recipe by Ashlae @Ohladycakes, https://www.ohladycakes.com/.
2/3 cup (148g) light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons (20g) potato starch
1/3 cup (75g) refined coconut oil*, melted (but not hot)
1/4 cup (56g) unsweetened almondmilk**, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups (185g) all purpose unbleached flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 ounces good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
*Can sub butter, if desired.
**Can sub milk, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar and potato starch until evenly combined.
- Stir in the coconut oil and whisk for 30-45 seconds, just until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla extract; whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix with a wooden spoon or spatula, just until combined then quickly/gently mix in the dark chocolate.
- Using a 1/4 cup stainless steel scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-11 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be kept in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to five days (but they won't last that long).
Tosca Fruit Bowl
Get your bowl on
This lovely kitchen basket is perfect for a fruit display. It is light and airy, helping to protect fruits from damage. Or, like @ohladycakes, you can pile on the cookies.
Ashlae is a Denver-based food photographer and recipe developer. She makes a mean boozy chocolate cake and loves all things Yamazaki.